Apprentice Technician (Commercial Vehicle)
A fantastic opportunity to gain valuable work experience and achieve a Level 2 & 3 VCQ and VRQ in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance at the Mercedes-Benz Training Academy
EvoBus UK is a 100 % owned subsidiary of EvoBus GmbH,which is part of Daimler Buses one of the leading global manufacturers of buses and coaches.
We continuously develop our products in order to offer sustainable solutions for the mobility challenges of the future. With our brands Mercedes-Benz, OMNIplus and BusStore we offer Mercedes Benz Bus and Coach Products as well an extensive range of used vehicles, and provide quality aftersales support throughout the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
The world is changing. The question is, what will be our contribution? At Daimler, our teams are developing the mobility of tomorrow and you have the chance to join them.
We are all in for change. Are you too?
Applying theoretical knowledge learnt at the Mercedes-Benz Training Academy as well as practical experience gained in the workplace, you will support the workshop team by:
- Assisting with repairing and maintaining all buses and coaches in line with contract, warranty and VOSA requirements to ensure roadworthiness of all vehicles.
- To prepare vehicles for MOT test.
- Preparing new vehicles for certification and customer hand over.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Regulations at all times.
- Undertake all work in line with manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Complete all relevant documentation and adhere to work instructions in line with company policies and procedures.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Minimum of 5 GCSE Grade 4 or above (or equivalent).
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Computer literate (MS Office).
- Above National Apprenticeship Wage.
- A working week of 39 hours, Monday to Friday.
- 25 days paid holiday per year plus statutory UK holidays.
- An opportunity to develop business knowledge and skills in a professional environment.
- Quality Apprenticeship study program at the Mercedes-Benz Training Academy.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter to Claire Price, Senior Human Resources Advisor, EvoBus (UK) Ltd, Ashcroft Way, Cross Point Business Park, Coventry, CV2 2TU or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.